FAQs Signia App / TeleCare
Signia App FAQs
Where can I find the Signia app?
The Signia app is freely downloadable in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store of all compatible iOS and Android devices.
With which hearing aids is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with the complete Signia hearing aid portfolio except Fun and Fast.
With which mobile devices is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android (Android 5.0 and higher) and Apple (iOS version 9.3 and higher) devices. You will find the list of the recommended Android devices for the optimal app stability on the Signia app website.
What kind of adjustments can I make by using the Signia app?
Using the Signia app, you can:
- change the hearing program and microphone volume level;
- adjust the sound balance (basses and trebles);
- adjust the Tinnitus therapy signal (if available);
- adjust the directionality of the hearing aid microphones individually by using the 360° Spatial Configurator;
- manage your audio streaming devices (e.g. StreamLine TV, StreamLine Mic, CROS devices ,etc.) and control their volume discreetly;
- stay in closer contact with your hearing care professional and get individual remote support via TeleCare (a prior activation by your hearing care professional is needed)
As a result, the Signia app offers you a wide variety of individual adjustment options enabling further personalization of your hearing experience.
What kind of permissions does the Signia app require and request?
Depending on the operating system of your mobile device as well as the type of your hearing aids, the Signia app may require some initial permissions like:
- receiving notifications
- to get notifications from your HCP
- accessing the motion & fitness activity
- to improve your listening experience while you are moving, walking or in any other activity
- Accessing location services (Please note: No location data is transferred!):
- to control the Bluetooth hearing aids remotely via the Signia app
- to use activity/movement/walking detection feature in the app
- to keep the app alive in the background
- accessing the camera, audio, photos, media and files
- to receive a video call from your hearing care professional (available upon prior activation by your hearing care professional).
Signia Assistant FAQs
Which devices are compatible with Signia Assistant?
All Signia Xperience hearing aids with Bluetooth.
Is the Signia Assistant available for all performance levels
Yes. The Signia Assistant available for all performance levels
What kind of changes are done by the Signia Assistant?
The Signia Assistant can apply solution to common issues by changing the following parameters of the first program of the hearing aids:
- Own Voice Processing
- Dynamic Soundscape Processing (DSP)
Will changes of the Signia Assistant only be made in the Universal Program?
What if, after keeping the new settings, the wearer doesn’t like them anymore?
There is a reset button for both you in Connexx and for the wearer in the app. This reverts the settings back to the original hearing aid fitting. To know more, please check the “Signia Assistant How-To” document available for download on this page.
My client doesn't see the Signia Assistant in the Signia app - What is the reason?
There are several reasons why the Signia Assistant might not be available:
- Your client doesn’t have an Xperience hearing aid with Bluetooth paired with the app.
- Signia Assistant is not available in your country (please contact your Signia representative to know which countries Signia Assistant is available in).
- Hearing aids were fitted before Signia Assistant was released (if this is the case, see Q7).
If my clients already have Signia Xperience hearing aids, do I need to activate Signia Assistant?
Yes, you need to connect the devices to Connexx, then go to the configuration page; there’s a checkbox for activating the Signia Assistant for previously fitted devices (pre-Signia Assistant).
If you’re using TeleCare, please ask your local contact how this can be utilized.
Can the wearer do changes through Signia Assistant if the smartphone in not connected to the internet?
No. The processing power and neural network is hosted online, and there is not an offline solution. This also ensures that the knowledge encapsulated in it is always up to date.
Will the Signia Assistant work for monaural fitting?
Yes, with the natural limitations in terms of tools for a monaural fitting.
How is data privacy handled?
What are the technical prerequisites for TeleCare?
- The Signia hearing aids of your client should be compatible with TeleCare. Please note that TeleCare is compatible with the full Signia hearing aid portfolio (except Fun and Fast).
- The smartphone of your client should be compatible with the Signia app. Please check the Signia app website for the list of the compatible devices.
- A headset is needed for voice calls and additionally a webcam if you would like to make video calls.
How can I register and start to use TeleCare?
The easy and intuitive setup process enable you to activate TeleCare within few minutes. Please follow the steps described in our Quick Guide.
Is TeleCare free of charge?
Yes. With TeleCare, we currently offer you the full range of the available feature set completely free of charge.
Is my personal data protected?
The data of your practice as well as clients are completely safe. We have multiple certifications and are in conformity with General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. Moreover, the Telecare Portal is TRUSTe- certified. Sivantos has no access to your personal data.
The TeleCare Portal and all data related to it is stored on servers provided by Microsoft Azure. Access to these systems is highly restricted and controlled. Any access is logged and documented for audit purposes. Communication between HCP browser sessions or patient devices and the web servers is also secured and encrypted (with HTTPS).
How do you ensure that private client information remains confidential?
We are providing the highest data security and privacy. All data and all communication between the TeleCare Portal and the app on your client’s smartphone are encrypted. Access to the TeleCare Portal is protected by a password for every employee in your practice. You and your clients can be fully confident about data security.
Why Is Pure Tone Audiometry a Common Hearing Test?
Want to know why pure tone audiometry is the most widely used
Education and Hearing Loss: How High-Frequency Hearing Loss Can Directly Impact Academic Performance
High-frequency hearing loss can have a severe impact on a child’s ability
Signia unveils new Mask Mode feature to help hearing aid users understand people who wear a face mask
A special button in the latest version of the Signia app revolutionizes
Signia Assistant is your smart solution for more satisfied customers
Imagine being able to accompany your client every single step of their
Signia introduces Silk X hearing aids for instant-fit discretion
The only ready-to-wear CIC available on our successful Signia Xperience platform delivers