FAQs Signia App / TeleCare
Signia App FAQs
Where can I find the Signia app?
The Signia app is freely downloadable in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store of all compatible iOS and Android devices.
With which hearing aids is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with the complete Signia hearing aid portfolio except Fun and Fast.
With which mobile devices is the Signia app compatible?
The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android (Android 5.0 and higher) and Apple (iOS version 9.3 and higher) devices. You will find the list of the recommended Android devices for the optimal app stability on the Signia app website.
What kind of adjustments can I make by using the Signia app?
Using the Signia app, you can:
- change the hearing program and microphone volume level;
- adjust the sound balance (basses and trebles);
- adjust the Tinnitus therapy signal (if available);
- adjust the directionality of the hearing aid microphones individually by using the 360° Spatial Configurator;
- manage your audio streaming devices (e.g. StreamLine TV, StreamLine Mic, CROS devices ,etc.) and control their volume discreetly;
- stay in closer contact with your hearing care professional and get individual remote support via TeleCare (a prior activation by your hearing care professional is needed)
As a result, the Signia app offers you a wide variety of individual adjustment options enabling further personalization of your hearing experience.
What kind of permissions does the Signia app require and request?
Depending on the operating system of your mobile device as well as the type of your hearing aids, the Signia app may require some initial permissions like:
- receiving notifications
- to get notifications from your HCP
- accessing the motion & fitness activity
- to improve your listening experience while you are moving, walking or in any other activity
- Accessing location services (Please note: No location data is transferred!):
- to control the Bluetooth hearing aids remotely via the Signia app
- to use activity/movement/walking detection feature in the app
- to keep the app alive in the background
- accessing the camera, audio, photos, media and files
- to receive a video call from your hearing care professional (available upon prior activation by your hearing care professional).
What are the technical prerequisites for TeleCare?
- The Signia hearing aids of your client should be compatible with TeleCare. Please note that TeleCare is compatible with the full Signia hearing aid portfolio (except Fun and Fast).
- The smartphone of your client should be compatible with the Signia app. Please check the Signia app website for the list of the compatible devices.
- A headset is needed for voice calls and additionally a webcam if you would like to make video calls.
How can I register and start to use TeleCare?
The easy and intuitive setup process enable you to activate TeleCare within few minutes. Please follow the steps described in our Quick Guide.
Is TeleCare free of charge?
Yes. With TeleCare, we currently offer you the full range of the available feature set completely free of charge.
Is my personal data protected?
The data of your practice as well as clients are completely safe. We have multiple certifications and are in conformity with General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. Moreover, the Telecare Portal is TRUSTe- certified. Sivantos has no access to your personal data.
The TeleCare Portal and all data related to it is stored on servers provided by Microsoft Azure. Access to these systems is highly restricted and controlled. Any access is logged and documented for audit purposes. Communication between HCP browser sessions or patient devices and the web servers is also secured and encrypted (with HTTPS).
How do you ensure that private client information remains confidential?
We are providing the highest data security and privacy. All data and all communication between the TeleCare Portal and the app on your client’s smartphone are encrypted. Access to the TeleCare Portal is protected by a password for every employee in your practice. You and your clients can be fully confident about data security.
Overview of Smartphone Control of Hearing Aids with the Signia app
Want to deliver better customer satisfaction and increase conversions? Find out how
Pure Charge&Go X: The New Ultimate Rechargeable Hearing Aid
The most successful form factor in the Signia hearing aid portfolio –
Pure 312 X: The New Hearing Aid for Greatest Wearer Satisfaction
In today’s hearing aid market, the RIC 312 has become the standard
Signia’s Revolutionary YourSound Technology Explained
Our new Signia Xperience platform is the latest innovation in our long
Signia Xperience: Hearing Aids with the Power to Understand What Wearers Really Want to Hear
For any hearing aid, changing situations dramatically such as entering a busy